Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2013, 10:00 wtf_man

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 09:52:
PC Manufacturers without tablets or mobile devices angry they didn't release a tablet or mobile device - blame it on Windows 8.

That's my version of the headline.

Seriously, if your big sales push relies on somebody else to hype up the entire industry you'll just have to take the lumps that are handed to you.

Uh... Windows 8 tablets aren't doing so hot either, nor are the phones. And I'm not talking about just MS Surface... Dell and others make Windows 8 Tablets too (we have a few at work for testing).

While there are some folks that like the Live Tile Interface (regardless of the platform), It seems most folks DO NOT.

I don't even care for it on a phone. It just doesn't grab me. Granted, it's nowhere near as bad as it is on a non-touch Desktop... but I don't like the layout, nor having all my "icons" spew different things at once. So, for me personally, it's absolutely horrid on the desktop, and mediocre, at best, on touch devices. Mediocre, ain't going to get them any significant market share.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo