Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 18, 2013, 18:16 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 13:41:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 12:55:
I remember way back when a company who was in the black was considered a success.

Wow I've never met anyone who was at least 150 years old before.

I thought he was spot on. I know pre-'85 that is all there really was.

I've now carried two jobs on the opposite ends here. My first one the owner all he needed to do was keep the company making $1. His salary which was worthy of an owner was just part of the overall payroll. So if they profited just a dollar, everyone and all expenses were taken care of.

Now I'm with a big corp, we make more money on avg then we've ever have, but we're in bunker mode like everyone else, streamlining, trimming beni's, dual rolled, all that jazz. We had our so called golden years 80's and 90's where money flowed through the people, perks out the ying tyang. But I don't get why that wouldn't be today since we profit 100's of millions a qtr today where we profited just 50 million a qtr then. The difference is the big boys sit on millions of shares now worth insane amounts, I can only assume they are drunk with cash and lost their focus and some humanity.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2013, 18:22.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo