Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 20:00 ItBurn

jimnms wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 19:36:
As a fan of the first two Fallout games, I thought FO3 was a good story set in the Fallout universe, but so much seemed unfinished and half assed about it. The main quest was linear, with only one set path. You had no say in what direction you wanted to go, your only option was to do as you were told, no alternatives. Many side quests were linear as well, with a few having one or more alternatives.

There were so many things wrong with FO3, it was almost as if the designers never played the originals. Whoever had the boneheaded idea to make ammo weightless should never be involved in designing another RPG again.

What Bethesda did right in FO3 was the world design, but then they failed hard with the quests taking place in only a small part of this wonderfully designed world. I love the setting of FO3 so much more than FNV. With it being so good, it still had so many little things wrong. It's been 200 years since the bombs fell, but you come across so many places that are untouched. Seriously, after 200 years you shouldn't find a convenient store fully stocked with food.

For FO4, let Bethesda pick the setting and build the world, then hand it over to Obsidian to populate it with stories and quests.

I agree with your point about the main quest. The side quests were awesome though. You could complete them in many different ways. No other game does it quite like FO3. Even NV. Also, it might not have made sense, but it really felt like you were the first person to come to some locations when you explored. You felt like you were almost alone in the world. It was a great feeling. In NV, there wasn't any feeling of survival. Food and water EVERYWHERE. Huge fields with crops... People thriving everywhere. Not as interesting.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo