Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 16:56 noman

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 14:51:
It (Fallout 3) had poor writing, poor system design, cookie-cutter dungeon design, decent art direction but some horrifically incompetent art (look at the proportions of the character models sometime, particularly their hands), poor loot progression (mortal sin for what was essentially a dungeon crawler), poor combat, and while it provided a whole world for you to explore, exploration by and large wasn't very rewarding. And of course it's technical design bore no resemblance whatsoever to the originals,

Fallout 3 has its weaknesses but is still a very well done game. I am playing it for the first time these days, and am about 15-20 hours in. At hard difficulty level, the ammo is very scarce, and roaming around the wasteland is quite hard. I have had some very tough multi-stage missions which required a lot of running around, sneaking and trying to find objectives that were left quite open-ended.

While the characters aren't memorable at all, the world is built quite well. The radio channels that fade in and out based on your location are great addition in a game primarily about wandering the wasteland alone (for some reason I haven't found an NPC party member so far). It's a disappointment that the DC ruins can't be explored in an open map, instead of traversing underground stations (a better rendering engine would have helped there)

It's a good addition to the series. I am looking forward to finishing it and trying out the Obsidian's take on it too, one with hopefully more interesting writing.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo