Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 14:09 ItBurn

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 14:03:
Rattlehead wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 11:43:
Good, now get to work on Fallout 4.

Good god, no. Skyrim vastly exceeded expectations and was a superb title, but it only exceeded expectations because Fallout 3 was so ghastly. Bethesda needs to stick to what they do well rather than mangling vastly different franchises until they fit the mold that Bethesda has made for itself.

FO3 was an amazing game and I liked it better than NV like many other people. It was ghastly if you were a fallout 1-2 fan and expected a clone of these, because it's a completely different game.

As for the new engine. On one hand, yes, their engine is super old. On the other, it runs AMAZING and it's getting pretty decent looking now. If they start over with a new engine, a lot of effort will be put into implementing the base system and a lot less effort will be put into adding amazing features. Also, if they reuse the old engine, but use the next gen ressources, I'm sure they can do a major leap in graphics and world complexity.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo