Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

103. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 15, 2013, 02:29 Flatline

Creston wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 18:47:
Harlequin wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 18:43:
SR, reward wise, was just about the payday & karma. That's it. Using that payday from Mr. Johnson for better equipment, cyberware & karma for skills. Loot on people you killed really wasn't much of a thought the vast majority of the time.

The very first time we played Shadowrun (After being a heavy D&D group for years), we "looted" a few mercs we had taken down. So our GM goes "Okay, each of you now has an assault rifle, a gun, a knife, a grenade and a flak jacket, bundled up loosely in your hands. You're starting to draw attention."

Agree completely it's about the karma and the payday. You may loot some nuyen off your foes, or perhaps some spare ammo, but that's really about it. And since you're often on a tight time-schedule (your hacker can't keep the corporate security guys fooled forever), you really don't take the time to rifle through some rent-a-cop's clothes to see if he has a 10 nuyen credstick on him.

Creston

And as I said before, I can easily envision a not-very-hard to implement abstract loot system inside a basic scripting program. When you loot, you pick up a "bunch of loot", you make a note in the mission, and at the end of the mission when you're not getting shot at you look at what loot you grabbed. Kind of like how you don't stop in the middle of trick-or-treating to check out what candy you got. You run to the next house and at the end of the night explore your haul.

I mean hell, people have fucking programmed FUNCTIONAL computers into minecraft of all things. As long as the scripting language is powerful enough, creative minds can come up with all kinds of end-runs around engine limitations.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo