Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 21:05 Sho

The other thing I don't get is, why is criticism of sexism supposed to be only valid if it's motivated by selflessness, and automatically invalid if the desired outcome serves the critic in some way? Like I said in the earlier comment, a major reason it annoys me that the industry keeps turning women away is because I feel my own experiences with the hobby would be improved if there were more women considering gaming as leisure activity, because it's been true in all other areas of life. Gaming is often social, be that the actual playing of them or discussing them, and it's boring to only have male minds around much of the time (and so is the disproportionate amount of games that deal exclusively in male viewpoints; it's interesting to get exposed to other stuff too, and games, being interactive, can do it like no other thing). And I think that's a perfectly fine reason, even if completely selfish, to complain when folks like Sony create environments hostile to women. And that's just about having the empathy to conceive that with shit like that gaming might not stack up very attractively vs. all the other things one can chose to spend one's precious time on.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2013, 21:15.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo