Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

44. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 19:21 Panickd

Taskeen wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 18:07:
Unfortunately we will never see the great games again made into the next gen games of today like, X-Wing Simulator, TIE Fighter Simulator, Dark Forces 1 and II (continuing the story of Kyle Katarn and really going next gen with Jedi+Light Saber), Full Throttle (point and click adventure), the continuation of Dash Rendar and Leebo's story from Shadows of The Empire.

That's it, its done forever. I expect Disney to shit out kiddie licensed Star Wars games for the masses, non-Triple AAA titles, and not explore the huge extended universe that is already there for Star Wars. I haven't expected much good things from Lucas Arts though, since they've lost too much talent over of the years. If those good devs form up and create kick starters for new and great games/stories that Lucas Arts used to create, then maybe there is a chance.

I also don't expect much for the so called upcoming star wars movies, when the Extended Universe already has great stories to adapt movies into, like with the Ssi Ruuk that took place right after Return of The Jedi, the assault on Coruscant, the empire surviving as the "Imperial Remnant," Grand Admiral Thrawn, the New Jedi Order, Luke and Mara Jade, Leia becoming a Jedi, Han and Leia's 3 kids, etc.

I'm not sure this is true. Most of the old school torch carrying is being done by the indie/kickstarter games. They may not be happening at the level that you want but they are happening and there is a certain audience looking forward to them. Will someone ever successfully license a "Full Throttle" game? Who knows, but there are several people out there who would like to create the spiritual successor. And maybe that's what is needed.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo