Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

57. Re: DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011 Apr 4, 2013, 15:21 Verno

Wesp5 wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 14:57:
What's the problem here? Most of the time you can't see all the world in Skyrim too, and when you do, it doesn't look great. Most of the quests in Skyrim weren't that deep either and while you can pick up everything in Skyrim, you just don't need most of the stuff. I think RAGE found a nice middle ground between linear shooters like Call of Duty and sandbox games like Skyrim.

The problem is that they were threadbare mechanics that add nothing to the game, approached as if grandpa designer was ticking off things the kids like these days instead of implementing them in a way that betters the game. Be a great shooter, a good RPG or at least get the hybrid stuff right a la Deus Ex. I thought Rage was an average but unspectacular shooter and it seems like that was the general response from the market as well.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2013, 15:30.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo