Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011 Apr 4, 2013, 14:57 Wesp5

Verno wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 09:18:
Here is this big beautiful world visualized, whoops sorry you only see a small bit of it. Heres some "quests"! Here's something for players to pick up because they like loots!

What's the problem here? Most of the time you can't see all the world in Skyrim too, and when you do, it doesn't look great. Most of the quests in Skyrim weren't that deep either and while you can pick up everything in Skyrim, you just don't need most of the stuff. I think RAGE found a nice middle ground between linear shooters like Call of Duty and sandbox games like Skyrim.

As for the megatextures, I indeed don't understand the details. I just noticed that the version id used looked crap on my system before I updated and I also heard, that because it doesn't repeat textures, it's hell for modders to use or for other companies to license. But I could imagine an Elder Scrolls to look really magnificent with that engine, much better than Skyrim!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo