Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Saturday Interviews Mar 30, 2013, 19:28 Icewind

NKD wrote on Mar 30, 2013, 18:44:
All games should be crowd-funded. I don't want the traditional publisher business model to exist at all. It stifles creativity.

I don't understand you people who think crowdfunding should be used to get your company off the ground just so that you can sell out. It needs to be THE business model. You guys need to stop thinking about it like it's charity or welfare to be reserved for the needy.

The whole attitude where "Hey you have X amount of money therefore you should be required to gamble all of it instead of making your case to crowdfunders." makes not one bit of god damn sense.

Plus I think it should be up to ME to decide what I want to fund. Arbitrary restrictions based on some vague estimate of someone's non-crowdfunding resources will just fracture the crowdfunding community and reduce the visibility of any single project.

That's a bit extreme, but I can see where you're coming from though. The big publishing houses have too much power nowadays and they've effectively shackled developers and have not permitted them to make the games they want. I'm sure you show this thread to Chris Avellone and he'd tell you a dozen or so stories backing that up.

The problem is when a publisher becomes to big and begins thinking they know better than the gamer and the developer.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo