Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

93. Re: Jay Wilson: Auctions Houses Mar 29, 2013, 20:17 Asmodai

Flatline wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 14:08:
Sad thing is, I uninstalled Path of Exile. It seemed fun and then I... just lost interest. Other things came out worth playing, and my time is at a premium. I guess the Diablo-style games just aren't doable any more for me. I don't have that kind of time to waste farming shit.

Diablo 1 and 2 came out in a relative vacuum, the only other ARPG's at the time were pretty basic and you literally waited months for a good game to come out, and you certainly didn't have digital distribution for the most part (unless you count FTP warez over dialup "digital distribution" ;).

The ARPG formula works well when there isn't much competition, or if you're playing co-op. The games themselves don't really bring any serious storyline to the table, it's just "kill everything between you and the end and get loot".

These days? You have quite literally more options than you can poke a stick at. Hell, I've taken a break from online stuff just to knock over a bunch of steam sale games I've been "meaning to play" for up to 2 years. ARPG's are fun but the fun peters out quickly when it turns in to a grind. I didn't even make max level in the D3 demo before losing interest (and in retrospect, I'm pretty glad I didn't bother).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo