Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: SimCity 2.0 Plans Mar 29, 2013, 19:17 Flatline

Dev wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 01:20:
Thats probably why they restricted the city size so much, so that their underlying foundational simulation issues wouldn't show up as bad. Plus even with everything like that, only 10% of the city is actually "simulated" lol.

And, then after they shipped it and patched it up, in 6 months or so of making money, they can release a bigger city DLC once they fix enough bugs that a bigger size works passably.

I could see something like that happening. Dunno if its planned in that way, or just plain incompetent, but I could see it.

I actually wonder if the starving of cities for labor or whatever is partially to do with the numbers fudging. You know, like they do something stupid like calculate how many jobs are needed in the city based on the fudged population number and not the actual agent number. So you have 200,000 (fudged) population, and the sim engine goes "okay, we need 180,000 workers to fill all the jobs", even though there's only 20,000 agents in the city. It allocates as many agents as it can and starts screaming that you need more workers.

It sounds like the kind of stupid fucking thing that would be done on a game that's this badly handled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo