Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

88. Re: Jay Wilson: Auction Houses Mar 29, 2013, 18:21 Jivaro

The whole situation irritates me. 5 years ago I considered Blizzard one of the better developer/publishers in mainstream gaming. Today I rank them with EA and Zynga. It isn't just what has happened to the published franchises in that time, it is the reasoning behind the decisions. I don't know who Jay Wilson thinks he is talking to when he makes statements like this, but anybody who cares enough to read it is informed enough to know it makes zero sense no matter how much of a fanboy you may or may not be. I also don't think that Jay Wilson alone is to blame for this mess, but I bet having someone else heading the team when the inevitable expansion comes out will help sales.....which is just sad. Jay falls on the sword, Blizzard continues business as usual.

The whole thing is just a damn shame. It is like is industry is deliberately trying to burn out the target markets as quickly as possible by generating distrust and rage through poorer and poorer design and publishing decisions.

Thank you indie developers for allowing me to keep my hobby. The so-called AAA market apparently believes that it's consumer base is a recyclable resource with unlimited funds and a short term memory. The cynic in me can't really argue its them as the mainstream gaming consumer has so far been willing to bend over and take it. I just wish the indie developers were the ones in control of Diablo.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2013, 18:26.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo