Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

100. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 28, 2013, 23:56 Flatline

nin wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 23:37:
So how long did it take you to finish? I tend to poke a bit and explore, but hope to really get rolling this weekend.

Really does seem like a fantastic game, and it's made me nostalgic to see Rapture again...they both really do seem like these amazing worlds.

I tried *really* hard to be exhaustive, and I think I came in around 12 hours on medium. I wasn't exhaustive though. I missed 15 or so voice records, a half dozen film station/binoculars, and a couple of secret rooms, and didn't die much. So if you get them all, probably figure close to 15 hours, especially on Hard.

I'll replay on 1999 mode too.

Part of the problem was that right around when Elizabeth has her costume change in the plot (no spoilers) I kind of threw up my hands and went with it like it was a roller coaster. I wasn't nearly as exhaustive as I was in the second half of the game.

And they absolutely fixed the "best part of the game was 2/3 through" that Bioshock had with confronting Ryan. The best parts of the story get saved for right up to the ending, and I appreciate it a LOT.

However, I have a lot of questions about the story. Not bad questions, but more along the lines of "what does this implicate?" questions.

But yeah, explore, look at the artwork, the engravings, the windows, there's a lot of storytelling going on. Go through the carnival in the beginning, let Elizabeth explore the beach. It doesn't seem like much but it lets the world really help come to life.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo