Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

98. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 28, 2013, 23:30 Flatline

HOLY FUCK I JUST FINISHED THE GAME.

No spoilers, but I was shouting at the screen at one point.

I only wish... no I won't say anything. But people who have finished the game probably share the same wish that I did.

Most of the time game endings are letdowns, or anti-climactic. Yeah, the ending was a prolonged cutscene, but it worked really, really, really well. Probably the most satisfying ending in a game that I can remember, and that's saying something considering that I thought Spec Ops had a strong ending.

Between the original BioShock and BS:Infinite, I almost have to give the nod to BS:Infinite. Yeah it's rehashed the combat, but if you play to the end there's sort of real reasons why BS:Infinite feels a little derivative. While I dug Rapture... I wasn't left with questions and contemplation like I was with Infinite.

Edit: Ken Levine is probably my favorite game developer of all time. The worlds he builds are enduring, interesting, and fantastic.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo