Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

63. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 28, 2013, 14:40 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 05:06:
I'm pretty sure the "expected sales" figures were just that; expectations. Apparently the actual figures didn't meet those expectations. Not too surprising, considering how quickly Sleeping Dogs and Hitman dropped in price. I think Hitman went on sale for 50% off in less than a month after release.

Expecting 5m+ units out of every title isn't realistic was the point though, it almost feels like scapegoating. Those titles performed fairly well all things considered, this is a transitional period for consoles.

They could probably avoid huge losses by buckling down on their projects on the JPN side of the company, a few are years in length with no end in sight. Shutting down FF14 entirely is not a bad idea either, it's just throwing good money after bad. Sub MMOs are done unless you have something no one else does.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo