Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 19:21 Saboth

Played this game for a few months. Got 2 chars to 50. Mostly interested in single player and PVP. Three uninspired PVP maps got old, fast, especially when 75% of the games were Huttball due to low pop (started as medium).

The time sinks they installed to make leveling slow were painfully obvious. It was hard to do more than 1-2 quests at a time, due to them being spread out. Quests would span zone after zone, for nothing more than an unoriginal fetch quest. Zones were built so you would have a hard time getting to an objective, usually having to run down a cliff wall to find the way up. Buildings and settlements were arranged to make you walk the longest distance to get anywhere. I saw this a lot:

Outside area.
___________________[DOOR]__________________

[Passage]___________________________[Passage]

Wide open giant room.

Why on earth would an architect put a door then a wall immediately after, forcing you to walk all the way around the wall? Why was the wall there? No reason! On the other side of the wall was open space! EVERY building was like this, or contained winding staircases instead of you know...just elevators. I got so tired of running from X to Y then to X again, then Y again.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo