Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 16:13 Flatline

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 13:20:
I just don't think I understand company executive politics enough. Just from the blurb it sounds like the company was actually looking to beat or at least match forecasts until they decided to do a $100M restructure in order to better fit the current market. Is that reason enough for resignation? You make a costly decision in the companies best interest and have to resign for it?

Is it perhaps that he should of done this change gradually of the last couple of quarters or pushed the costs into the next fiscal?

How many companies go through a 100 million dollar restructuring? That's an obscene amount of money.

Color me as someone not surprised either. When the latest Final Fantasy MMO came out it was... err... shit. And SE's response was "you're American, you don't have the refined tastes of the Japanese, of course you don't like the game." And then the Japanese hated the game. And SE shit themselves.

My friend has been playing the newest Final Fantasy MMO now for like 18 months without actually paying for it while they tried to "fix" it, and it still is mediocre. The JRPG genre is utterly stagnant and has had no meaningful developments in easily the last 10 years or so, and in that time the mainstream market has moved on from the cookie-cutter JRPG where mindless grinding and the story are separated by plexiglass, where the plot anyway is that you're some spunky misunderstood 13 year old kid who goes on to save the world when an entire army of trained professional adults could never do it. Along the way you assemble a team of kooky-yet-grim companions who tell you that you can do it and they believe in you.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo