Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 14:54 PropheT

Redmask wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 14:33:
What are the differences between the difficulties? I bought this but won't be able to play until the weekend so I want to be ready to go by then.

Normal is pretty easy. I don't know how far into the game I am, but I haven't died, or even really felt all that threatened despite quite a bit of combat. Normal is what I'd recommend for someone who has played shooters, but wants to see the story with just enough challenge to keep fighting interesting without slowing them down a great deal.

The game is fantastic, though, especially the first introduction to Columbia. I walked around and looked at things for a long time before really progressing anywhere, listening to music and seeing what people were saying and kind of falling in love with the place. And then the real game starts with a jarring gut punch that really lets you in on what you've been looking at in a way that really hasn't been in a game before this one.

I definitely don't want to give any spoilers, but with how big of a deal some media made out of the non-issues of things like same-sex relationships in ME3 I'll be curious to see what stories are written about this game, considering the sensitivity of some of the imagery it invokes. I didn't follow the game at all, so had no idea what to expect and was sort of surprised at how much it bothered me when I ran into it (in the emotional response to storytelling sort of way, not in the offended sense). It might be the first real unapologetic adult-oriented game I've played before.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo