Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 11:52 vrok

Ratty wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:46:
vrok wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:32:
Checkpoint system combined with resurrection drives me nuts.
So what does that mean, checkpoint system? And why does it suck? By resurrection do you mean something like the old Vita chamber system? No way to turn it off?

I was going to wait for the price to come down but goddamit if I don't have a stinkin 4-day weekend coming up.
I've only played 1999 mode so I can't confirm exactly how it works on normal difficulty levels.

There's a standard checkpoint save system instead of quicksaves. When you die, you get resurrected in close proximity to where you died for the cost of a small amount of money. When you run out of money you'll be dumped to the main menu and forced to reload from last checkpoint. Checkpoints are sometimes very sparsely placed so you either end up grinding the enemy down with resurrections, or accept replaying 5 minutes or more until you get back to where you were seemingly almost every time you die.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo