Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 26, 2013, 11:33 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:09:
So everyone is loving the game so far?

About 8 hours in, it's pretty damned impressive. Amazing visuals and some fantastic art design, Columbia just oozes ambiance. It's one of the most convincing settings I've seen. The story so far is pretty good, definitely heads and tails above the usual videogame writing. It is very cool to be experiencing the fall of a dystopian world and not just seeing the aftermath like with Rapture. The gunplay is much improved from Bioshock although I wouldn't say it's very compelling on its own. Bioshock Infinite is definitely one of those sum of its parts games. Anything on it's own wouldn't be enough in any other game but as a package everything meshes really well.

Cons - checkpointing, some crashes, no enemies as challenging as the Big Daddy, 1999 Mode sucks and I don't like their implementation for Vigor customization. Gear stuff is also pretty unbalanced, half of the items are terrible and the others are no brainer improvements. Lack of melee buffs, it becomes useless halfway through the game.

My biggest surprise is that I figured the skyline system would be awful but I use it during fights whenever I see it available, it really enhances the combat.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2013, 11:44.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo