Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar Mar 25, 2013, 12:58 Flatline

Prez wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 12:31:
If Bioshock is a '96%' then what would System Shock be? 110%? Don't get me wrong, Bioshock was a great game, but System Shock was a good deal better. Shodan was so much better of a villain, and the RPG aspects of System Shock were superior to that of Bioshock.

I'm replaying SS2 right now. Enemies that respawn in your field of view, dated graphics engine even at it's release date (mods help this A LOT), a clunky interface, weapons that are unrealistically fragile like toilet paper (A conscious design decision granted), a *terrible* ending after one of the most awesome final levels of all time (and if you're not a hacker, I hope you saved 3 ICE picks, or the game is impossible to finish)...

SS2 is one of my favorite games of all-time, but technically it was a mess. The gameplay isn't particularly smooth or constant, level design was pretty utilitarian, intentionally, and the Body of the Many was a total stumble, even when the game came out. It's got some wrinkles and warts on it.

Compared to Bioshock, it's does less of what it wants to achieve than Bioshock did, although they oddly enough suffered from bad pacing and story for the last 1/4 of the game. Go figure. I don't suggest System Shock 2 universally- I know there's people that absolutely will not like it. Bioshock is a far easier suggestion however for most gamers.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo