Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:53 Slick

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:35:
Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:21:
i agree with alot of your picks netnerd, but you kinda lose credibility when you say things like: "it's definately not BF4". you mean the game no one's played yet?

for me it would be 2142, cause i just had so much fun playing for various teams in that game. northern strike was so epic, hover sleds, walkers, the goliath, pod spinning. think i clocked over 1000 hours in that one easily.
Of course I haven't played it, but you can tell where a company may go in the future - Yes I'm assuming (and that's bad to do). I haven't seen anything from DICE which would make me think they are capable of creating another great shooter. That's just my opinion, I would like to be proven wrong and see them make something better than BF1942. But that is unlikely to happen.

Tried to play 2142 with my partner but yeah... we went back to BF2: Forgotten Hope 2.

I need... a grease monkey

Dammit, now I'm going to have to install BF1942 and/or BF2 to play

well you should post here somewhere after re-installing BF2/1942. As i said earlier, i'll re-iterate: Rose colored-glasses. I loved those games, just as i loved many others that i played a decade or more ago. However i don't miss the crappy cone-of fire. the insta-prone for improved accuracy. Dolphin diving. the shitty hit reg. the garbage sounds, no destruction, and shitty graphics. The infinite grenade spawn. The 7 freaking classes, do you want to be the class with a wrench? or the other class with a rocket launcher? do you want to have a finite sprint bar? how about not being able to strafe while sprinting?

stuff like that have helped the franchise IMO. taking out 6 man squads, ingame voip, and commander hurt it. But the positives outweigh the negatives.

Re-install, and tell us how well it's aged.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo