Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 23:51 Slick

Redmask wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 22:36:
I'm getting pretty tired of modern Battlefield, adding a boat per map isn't going to do it for me. They need to go back to the series real roots when they weren't cutting so many features just to focus on engine pizazz to use in marketing. I don't miss the bugs from the old games but I do miss the depth, modern battlefield games feel very watered down compared to BF2 and BF2142.

Easily half of the maps have a very limited amount of vehicles per side (especially transports), the map designs themselves seem more tuned to infantry and the PC version had no semblance of teamplay due to the lack of commanders, voip and no community tools whatsoever. My friends played for a bit until they grinded the weapons but there were no recording or admin tools to facilitate ongoing multiplayer. Very disappointing and with EA having a shit track record lately they will need to do a lot to get my money.

in game voip would be nice, but i don't really know anyone who doesn't use TS/vent/mumble, especially any half competitive or even fully casual team. but for random pubs when you're lone wolfing it would be nice. 6 man squads would be nice to see make a return.

and i think in the leaked BF4 document they talk about the return of commander, so we'll have to wait and see aboot that. what they really need to do is just make it so that if no one on your team is playing commander, there's an AI commander which won't do anything on it's own, but if it has the asset ready, and a squad leader calls for it (bring back proper commo rose) ie. SL calling for an arty strike, then the AI commander will just fulfill the request.

it was annoying when no one on your team wanted to play commander, it was such a disadvantage to your team.

as for cutting features, i'd say that the ones i've listed are the only real things i miss from say BF2. the other 90% of the gameplay they've vastly improved upon, if you think that it's just "engine pizazz" then i think you're missing alot of the improvements to the gameplay formula.

People tend to think of "back in the day" games through very rose-tinted glasses. Go back and actually Play BF2. then tell me how much you miss the crappy cone-of fire. the insta-prone for improved accuracy. Dolphin diving. the shitty hit reg. the garbage sounds, no destruction, and shitty graphics. The infinite grenade spawn. The 7 freaking classes, do you want to be the class with a wrench? or the other class with a rocket launcher? do you want to have a finite sprint bar? how about not being able to strafe while sprinting?

there's a myriad of improvements that have been made to the franchise that people just love to omit when talking about how much better BF2 or 1942 was...

gonna try to ignore the EA = evil argument. talk about the game, and their developer DICE. who gives a shit about the publisher, makes no difference to the actual game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo