Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 20:47 Slick

bigspender wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 20:24:
stuff

yeah, planetside 2 is cool, but it doesn't have the same feeling that i love about the BF series.

1) being able to steal other's tanks has always been a hallmark of the series, adding to the uncertainty of the gameplay and leading to alot of "WTF battlefield moments". ie. being able to psych an enemy out of their tank just by running up to them with a pistol, them thinking you have C4, or ramming a jeep into them without C4, and having them jump out pre-maturely, then you steal their tank and FTW stomp them.

2) there will always be asshats and trolls in MP games, this is by no means relegated to the BF universe. there are thousands of great servers which are well maintained with proper admins. then there are those servers that never have an admin, and have hackers going 110-0 without being banned. again, this is par for the course. welcome to online FPS gaming. if you're too lazy to actually leave the shitty server you're on and find another one, i can't help you, there's literally thousands out there. it annoys me when i hear people on vent/Ts/mumble complaining about a shitty server, shitty team etc. but they refuse to leave, they just write off the whole game as shit.

3) yes, the closed quarters expansion was about tight infantry battles. not sure how a game getting back to the roots of infantry-only battles has to be "trying to be cod". howabout trying to be counterstrike? or trying to be quake? I competed in 5v5 infantry only battles in BF2, 2142, and BF3... also the CQ maps are still quite large compared to other "infantry focused" maps in other games. try playing 64 players in a CoD map, and you'll spawn into 10 people infront of you spraying your spawn point. in CQ i'd say that only the Ziba Tower level feels cramped with 64 players, the others actually have a nice flow to them without being too retarded.

fact is that there's 29 maps in BF3. and only 4 of them are "infantry only" I'll never understand why when BF3 delivers crazy huge map vehicular warfare, and then ALSO adds modes like TDM, then they get slammed on for it? since when is variety a bad thing? spice of life, no? I really enjoyed CoD2 and Cod5 when they had armor in their maps... didn't detract from enjoying the infantry only maps too..

You've been slicked. Wash up. -nin

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo