Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

111. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 22:26 Quboid

Texas Jake wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 21:42:
again, welcome to the wide world of gaming, sometimes the first week after launch is a bit shakey. especially with titles which are widely-publicized as online-only. how many mmo launches have resulted in a second free game exactly? care to name a few off hand?

This ^

Unfortunately the ragers aren't going to consider that, because the last SimCity from 10 years ago didn't require you to be online so they're somehow entitled to stuff because this one does and it took them a few days to iron out problems.

EA fixed the game, it's fun now. Time to move on.

OK, now that RPS quote is applicable.

The complaint against always-online is more than just "does it work now". That last SimCity from 10 years ago still works. I could still play it. I could play it during an 8 hour flight if I wanted to. Will this SimCity work in 10 years time? I very much doubt it, because it's at the mercy of EA and at some point, they will switch off their server and then your purchase? It is gone.

This move by EA, Ubisoft and Blizzard takes control away from us. Whether it's for data mining, DRM or whatever, this does so very little but make gaming worse.

I don't like that, I'm not going to silently take it. I want publishers to know that we, their customers, aren't inconvenient potential criminals to exploit, but that we're essential to their survival and should be welcomed. I'm not alone.

- Quboid

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo