Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

44. Re: Maxis on SimCity: Mar 16, 2013, 22:57 AngelicPenguin

hex863 wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 12:58:
If that was the vision, then a major error was made in calling the product "SimCity". Quite seriously, calling it "SimCity Online" from the start would have set expectations much better -- it would have avoided much of the disappointment.

It sounds as if they were trying to cash in on the brand name loyalty but then were producing something that didn't fit with that basis of that loyalty.

(And no, I don't think this is some DRM conspiracy theory or pure spin -- I can believe it really was a poor series of decisions over time where a potentially cool vision just wasn't being realized -- and they released anyway without adapting to that reality.)

I guess now it makes sense that they dropped the suffix (Sim City 5 or whatever.) They've rebooted Sim City into an online game.

I agree, though. Just tell us up front that that is the focus and you probably save a lot of headache.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo