Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: On SimCity Offline Regional Play Mar 16, 2013, 21:43 Deathbishop

PHJF wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 20:14:
I'm a little surprised the backlash has been what it is.

Because it didn't work. If the game had launched without a hitch there would be no more than the usual vocal minority condemning EA for their (now standard) contemptible business practices.

100% agree. The outcry has nothing to do with DRM on it's own, it's the fact that the game is broken in multiple ways. Naturally the scapegoat is going to be DRM but the reality is in the code, not DRM. I'm pretty sure if the game is working as intended a majority of gamers would give a damn that it was online only.

Anti-EA (DRM) people don't want to hear that because it weakens their argument that the game doesn't work because of DRM. But I think the reality says otherwise. The offline story is noise in my opinion, because at the end of the day if the game still has the same core issues (ai, pathing, etc), then it doesn't matter whether it's online or off, most wont play it anyway.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo