Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting Mar 15, 2013, 11:37 NKD

Kajetan wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 11:28:
NKD wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 11:20:
All the talk of persistance for the individual sims? I don't give a fuck about the individual sims! Delete that whole concept to free up processor cycles for something more important.

There isnt much to gain. Saying it politely: "Move to next free target" does not take much ressources.

Even with very simplistic AI, if you get hundreds or thousands of instances running in parallel, adding a few operations here and there adds up. You could easily have the worlds stupidest AI and still eat a ton of cycles.

Given how little else they have going on in this game, I'm going to guess that a lot of their performance limitations have to do with the hundreds or thousands of cars and pedestrians that are clickable, have names, and run in circles eating up CPU cycles because they were born stupid.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo