Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 14, 2013, 01:28 Jivaro

Crustacean Soup wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 01:18:
Jivaro wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 01:08:
It says exactly what I said it did. Atheists, by definition, do not believe in god, gods...otherwise known as "deities". I fail to see how that varies from what I said it would.
atheists do believe in something they can't actually prove, and I think that qualifies as faith.
I don't think to disbelieve and to believe are equivalent. Again, M-W

DISBELIEVE

transitive verb: to hold not worthy of belief : not believe

You said you do not believe in a god (nor believe in one). That, uh, fits M-W's definition of atheism.

lol..now you are just being silly. You don't get to snip the little parts that seem to prove your point and ignore the rest that gives it context.

"I don't believe there isn't a God or gods, I don't believe they exist either. I simply don't know."

Without the entire sentence you don't have context. I suppose a person who speaks English as a second language would be confused by the intent of those 2 sentences, but other then that it strikes me that you are arguing semantics for the sake of arguing.

If it really bothers you that I use the word faith, I am not sure what to tell you. Sorry?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo