Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2013, 13:37 PropheT

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 13:14:
Meh. WoW really shouldn't of been on there. Personally, it was one of the smoother launches that I ever participated in. Wait Queues were the only thing annoying that came to mind.

Loot lag, Captain Placeholder, server queues, server outages. You don't remember bending down to loot a corpse of something you killed and being stuck there for a couple of minutes because the database servers had to catch up? That didn't get fixed until well into spring of the year after WoW launched. The boats broke, and were eventually replaced with Captain Placeholder so that people could get across the sea. Queues were huge, and annoying isn't what I'd call them; they were 2-3 hours in length most days for months, making the game completely unplayable if you were a day-shift person who could only play at night. People were also finding ways to crash zones on a regular basis, causing "world server unavailable" problems if you were frequenting populated areas like Ironforge.

The number of MMO's with a good and clean launch can probably be counted on one hand, but WoW's problems extended for much of its first six months in existence.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo