Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

62. Re: EA Will Mar 11, 2013, 12:19 Quboid

Sepharo wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 18:10:
Quboid wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:58:
Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:42:
Quboid wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 16:47:
There's enough dislike of the online requirement. Even when the anger settles, the hatred of any unnecessary always-on requirement in any game will keep this going.

I'm still annoyed that Anno 2070 has (had?) an always-on requirement. I passed on an Anno game for the first time. I think I heard they were patching the requirement out but I don't know if they delivered.

I'm currently in a queue to get onto my server. Shame, because SimSeveralSmallTowns is actually a really good game. Fix the traffic, fix the population:workers ratio and give us larger cities. For free.

You passed on Anno 2070 but bought this Simcity?

Gamers are funny.

Yes, it was pretty dumb of me. I preordered before the DRM was made public I was aware of the DRM.

It's been known nearly since the announcement and certainly before pre-orders were available.

Possibly. I was aware that it had online features, which I took to mean you can put a screenshot of your city on Facebook or something like that. I didn't realise it was always-on until months after the pre-order. Perhaps I missed something.

- Quboid

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo