Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

112. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 11, 2013, 05:35 Krovven

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:16:
In my past, I worked on sets to make sure the footage film crews were shooting was useable in post production. The guys on the film sets worked a couple of set hours doing only very specific things. The post guys (artists, animators) worked 18 hour days in multiple disciplines with that footage under high pressure. From personal experience I know there is a world of difference.

I've worked film sets too. For you to say that people 'work a couple of set hours' is fucking ridiculous. Everyone on a film set has a job. Most of those jobs have the individual working 14 to 18 hour days doing those jobs for 6-7 days a week for months at a time. Some jobs are administration, some are hard labour, some are artistic, others are technical. Without all those people doing their jobs, the post production guys have no jobs. Time to get off your high horse.

Film industry existed for 75+ years without programmers, compositors, computer animators, etc. Those jobs don't exist without the film industry. Video games that programmers write code for, don't exist without the designers, artists, animators, sound engineers, etc, etc.

Show some fucking respect for your peers.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo