Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 10, 2013, 22:50 Creston

Flatline wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 18:30:
About a third of the way through the game I was fucking done with hearing his self-loathing bullshit, talking about how he's some fat old drunk with no game, and then the cutscene would end and I'd fucking take on 20 paramilitary guys without taking a scratch in a ballet of death, and the next cutscene he's moaning his fucking ass off about how pathetic he is again. Total disconnect of game from story.

I was waiting for the game to get all Man on Fire and have Max accept that he is a fucking demon. For two games Max had been more or less denying his fate/nature, and it's that almost as much as his family that leads him to his drinking and downward spiral. He realizes on another level that he's doing shit he never really should be doing, but does it anyway because there's nothing else to do. But in MP3, that all goes out the window when it could have been a beautiful crystallization of Max finally selling his soul to the devil as it were because good people needed him to be a bad man. But it never happens. The inch-thick layer of self pity never lets Max be Max.

I like it. That would have actually been pretty awesome.

Rockstar made Die Hard: Brazil, and not MP.

Yeah, hard to argue with that.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo