Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

109. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 10, 2013, 17:16 Dmitri_M

nin wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 13:57:
We are not as exchangable as the people who work on movie sets like key grips or boom techs.. We have technical/artistic skills that go beyond the average film set worker.

I would suspect they feel the same about your or other industries. Any time you specialize in a field, you know the ins and outs more than someone outside it. No matter what the field, people outside it always tend to think "oh, is that all they do all day?".

In my past, I worked on sets to make sure the footage film crews were shooting was useable in post production. The guys on the film sets worked a couple of set hours doing only very specific things. The post guys (artists, animators) worked 18 hour days in multiple disciplines with that footage under high pressure. From personal experience I know there is a world of difference.

I don't doubt people on film sets work hard. But we are not working in comparable fields.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo