Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Op Ed Mar 9, 2013, 03:54 NewMaxx

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 02:27:
God look at the comments from those sheeple. Fucking nauseating! It's no wonder evil coporations laugh all the way to the bank. Fucking breeders man. And you just know the "free game" is going to be something 10 years old. Lol!

It's more likely to be any game $20 or less in their catalog or something similar, like they had for that survey a while back. If they pick any one game it will just piss people off more, they have to give a choice, but limiting it to a time frame or similar would be too complicated. Simplest solution is across-the-board price since that accounts for time frame, popularity, perceived value, etc.

Additionally, making it only one game means a lot of people will spend less than the amount offered. For example, using my $20 hypothetical limit, there's quite a few "goodish" games for $15 that people would pick. $20 happens to be their pre-defined "sweet spot" for games so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Examples of games you could get: Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Mass Effect 1/2/3, Dragon Age 1/2, Mirror's Edge, Burnout Universe, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Dead Space 1/2, The Saboteur, C&C RA3, NFS Shift 1/2, C&C4, L4D2, BF BC2, SimCity 4 (ironic...this is the one exception to the "not one game" rule, since anybody buying SC 2013 is into SC), MoH, Spore/Darkspore, Bulletstorm, NFS The Run, SWTOR Deluxe, Syndicate, Batman AA, Witcher 2, Darksiders, DMC4, Empire: Total War, Splinter Cell Conviction, Dead Island GOTY, Metro 2033...I could go on, but you get my point. There's also a shit-ton of The Sims DLC for that price.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2013, 04:07.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo