Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 20:39 NewMaxx

Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 18:13:
Edit : Like I said, your issue seemed so untypical of Amazon. They are normally plain excellent when it comes to customer service. I really urge you to get in touch with them, NewMaxx.

Creston

Don't get me wrong, I use Amazon all the time and probably still will. It's just that I usually rely on them for game pre-orders, and every time something has gone wrong (like when they didn't give the codes for DX:HR). It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother with boxes anymore because of hassles like these, especially since I could have gotten the same price at GMG with their more or less monthly codes. I understand that it largely has to do with the game publishers - I never said otherwise. I just think it underscores that how the game industry treats retailers now, like different bonuses for each one, is a symptom of a larger problem.

I ended up paying the same since I got a deal elsewhere that had no tax, so the $5 credit is bonus and I didn't press the issue. Even if I had, why should I go through the trouble when there was less than 72 hours left until game launch - it's just cutting it too close to have issues like pre-order cancellations. I'd almost HAVE to expect more problems.

P.S. they did fix my DX:HR problem...after multiple emails and so late that I had already beaten the game, and I took my bloody time, too.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo