Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

53. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 16:45 ASeven

nin wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 16:33:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 16:26:
Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 12:56:
ASeven wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 12:15:
Hmm, I wanted a new Ultima but my points against this project have been exposed quite well by Creston.

Also, I am now having second thoughts on Civitas. Upon further review I think Civitas might be a scam and I'm not the only one thinking that.

Yeah, I have to admit that I've felt a little warning signal going off in my mind when I look at Civitas.

I hope I'm wrong, and I have a reminder on the page so I'll have another look 2 days before it's set to expire. But so far it does seem a bit iffy. And again, I see no way you can make a game of this kind with $250K, especially not if you're going to be releasing all these mod tools.

Creston

Might not be a scam, but it doesn't look to be a very experienced team, either. Posted by this guy.

I love the fact that they talk about getting PP links/page up and running, when they should never do that until they reach their initial goal...something fishy there. Obviously if you give to them now via PP, not only are you charged immediately, but it also doesn't count towards their KS goal...

http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1584821767/comments

I think the biggest red flag for me is how much space he spends bashing the new SimCity, almost as much space to describe the game itself. I see this as a probable scam that is taking advantage of the shit that is SimCity.

Either way too many red flags for me. I was hoping for this project to be true but as time went on and I kept reading the project page my uneasy feeling just kept growing.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo