Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 16:20 Sho

Not going to back this. The pitch video set off all sorts of red flags for me: Talking about realtime graphics while showing a prerendered cutscene (not talking about his game, but still, that sort of handwavy, careless stuff rubs me the wrong way), lots of buzzword bingo, "we're already making swag for you to buy later", skirting around addressing important facts like the exact format of multiplayer, etc. The video just made me mistrust him and gave me the feeling that I'd have no idea what I'd be putting my money on the line for.

I'm basically sad this is going to meet its funding goal. OK, I guess it's fine for folks to take a gamble, but OTOH I also think we should be really tough on asking Kickstarter pitchers hard questions. They want our money after all.

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2013, 16:25.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo