Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2013, 12:10 gilly775

Jivaro wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 11:29:
I know the following is just my little bubble..."Jivaro Island" if you will...but here are my observations on this fiasco:

I know nobody who has been able to play the game to their own satisfaction and actually have fun. I know of a few people that have been able to get enough time in to see some potential, but that just pisses them off more when things come to a grinding halt via crash or disconnection.

All I can say is thank you to Blizzard and Diablo 3 for teaching me the lesson that kept me from buying this game and any future games that require always-on connections for single player gameplay.

Side note and unrelated "technically": Is an always-on connection required for the most recent Anno and HoMM games or is it just a "check" when you launch the game?

For Anno, it checks and limits to three installs. The latest patch removed the limitation of counting an activation if you swapped out a graphics card for a different one:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/anno-2070/1216980p1.html

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo