Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Mike Capps Leaves Epic Entirely Mar 8, 2013, 10:53 InBlack

Hellbinder wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 10:39:
when i read articles like this it makes me nostalgic for 1995-1997. That was when i had joined the military and was at my first post in san diego.. finally bought my first computer. a Pentium 133 and a verite 1000 video card.

Quake, Unreal, duke.. some of the other games. I remember pre-ordering quake from ID and getting the CD in the mail from them directly. i played that game for 72 hours straight over a weekend. Connecting to my first wan game via IP... reading about team fortress mod at stomped and trying it thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

the first time you walked off the crashed ship in unreal and the jaw droping effect of the planet...

yeah and reading plan updates about how john carmack had traded in his old Ferrari and 985,000 dollars for his new one..

what is my point? gaming was magical back then. the devs made the games, worked their asses off and got the profit. Now its all mega publishers, slave labor, board members and bullshit... none of the great studios exist or operate like they did back then. Its all just gone to hell in a hand basket.

If only there was a reset button somewhere on this thing.

Wow never thought I would agree with Hellbinder on anything....fuck it, well said man. Well said!

I have a nifty blue line!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo