Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

64. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 8, 2013, 08:56 Undocumented Alien

When EA buys a developer, everyone needs to quit pretending that the publisher and the developer are different entities.

This isn't Maxis failing you. Maxis no longer exists.

This is 100% the same with Activision and Blizzard (i.e. Diablo 3).

Yes, there were requests for an Auction House/Trading Post from Diablo players. They could have just keep that at the online only B.NET level and still provided a Offline SP Mode like they always did. But noooooooo, Activision saw that Diablo had a HUGE fanbase and said.. "Hmm, yes... we'll give them an Auction House alright, a REAL MONEY Auction House that we get a cut of.... and to make sure we get the most ROI out of it, EVERYBODY has to be online to play.... MWUUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!".

So we know why Diablo 3 is always online, for SimCity it must be about control (DRM). Its a shame that both companies have taken games with strong roots in SP and a large fanbase and held the games hostage, only thing we can do is stop supporting them as hard as it is. I know that I won't.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo