Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 8, 2013, 04:27 yonder

Hudson187 wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 22:18:
I had ordered my retail copy from Amazon -- came in on Tuesday. I got around to installing it last night and tried to play it tonight. I first sat in "queue" for 45 minutes... yes... 45 minutes. Then, I got into the title screen where the game "tried" to load the tutorial, but never loaded the map as I kept losing connection to the server. I have just requested a RMA from Amazon so I can send them back this POS. Yes, the key is connected to my account, but I can assure you I'm also uninstalling Origin since BF3 has turned into a cheatfest anyway. I'm truly disappointed in Maxis; I will NEVER give either Maxis or EA my $$ again. I'm still extremely bothered by the fact that a SP game REQUIRES a constant internet connection -- that requirement alone should have been enough to warn me, but I put faith in Maxis and the SimCity franchise. At this point I'd rather play SimCity on SNES.

*THIS* is why EA keeps making money off of people who don't know better.

When EA buys a developer, everyone needs to quit pretending that the publisher and the developer are different entities.

This isn't Maxis failing you. Maxis no longer exists.

EA bought the name and looted the talent, and is now milking every last penny out of the loyalty associated with the name "Maxis" and the name "Sim City" no matter what.

EA would rather make one million dollars in one year than three million dollars in two years. There is no sacrifice too big to make for a tiny short-term game.

It's wrong to think of never giving "Maxis of EA" any of your money ever again. All you need to think is not to give EA *ANY* of your money ever again.

Until people learn to understand that a developer OWNED by EA means that that developer is dead... they will keep buying EA's fecal matter.

They're not entirely horrendous as a pure publisher. When you compare Guitar Hero and Rock Band, for instance, EA clearly comes out as the more customer friendly option. But, of course, they're up against Activision, so that's not really saying a lot.

Hope you get your money back. Send me a msg if you do please, I have friends that don't know better and may have naively purchased the game.

I also hope you truly mean your statement about not giving EA any more money... ever...

I hope everyone learns that lesson in the least painful way possible.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo