Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: Amazon Stops Selling Digital SimCity Mar 8, 2013, 02:32 eRe4s3r

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 19:24:
Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 17:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 17:29:
let me tell you, simulation wise this is stunning.

"People leave, economy goes down, space opens up, people come in, economy goes back up, people get mad, people leave, economy goes down" loop

Creston

Heh so they did keep somethings from SC4. Of course in SC4 it was because the broken AI coudn't figure out how to get to work.

After further testing I can say the issue here is a bug in the traffic AI, If you know how modern 3 lane intersections work you know there is at least 1 lane that goes straight through with priority (mid) and 1 lane that is the left and 1 lane that is the right way one. Both staggered to have slightly off-set signaling.

In the game these are out of whack (cars that want to go left are on the straight through lane, and these are what essentially blocks traffic especially since there is only 1 highway ramp. And since LOTS of cars go in and out at 150k over that ramp the entire near ramp traffic (And all streets to and from the main road) break down to a standstill. This is particularly bad because all other important cars (firetrucks, dumptrucks..) get stuck there too....

Basically, traffic AI is REALLY dumb But even at 150k my city was stable and made nearly half a million per "day" (with exports of LOADS of processors) I think I could have fixed the issue with a train connection though. Sadly the city I played didn't have one

From what I can tell this game direly needs roundabouts and 1-way streets... or some seriously smarter traffic AI..

But I consider this a challenge, with 150k people you need to completely rebuild your entire city infrastructure. Or better yet, give a new city a few million credits to build a good infrastructure layout first. The starting funds are not enough to do this....

By the way, the real issue this game has is not traffic it's that the region servers lag behind the city simulation nearly 3 hours! And THIS is what causes ALL those issues I think...

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2013, 02:50.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo