Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 7, 2013, 22:41 PropheT

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 22:35:
This is really the kind of thing where people post "durrr Blues is so biased about EA" and you can just point to this whole episode and not even say another word.

I like to point out how people here hate on practically everything, but in this case I think it's been justified ever since they announced it. Blizzard announced the same thing, and it was worth seeing how it'd work out, but when that failed spectacularly in that first week it wasn't a tough prediction to see that this would be just as bad off...if not worse, considering the resources and companies involved and the lack of real world stress testing on server loads.

To me, that's the worst thing about this entire mess...that everyone knew it was coming and said so for months, but it still happened and maybe even worse than the doubters predicted it would. Maybe now that two high profile games have laid a big turd on their opening week with the always-online thing we can put the final nail in the coffin for this approach.

/edit for clarity, good lard I shouldn't post when distracted.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo