Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

94. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 6, 2013, 05:35 Slick

no i'm quite serious, i'm the fool.

if this site has been engineered for people to qq from the ground up then well done.

"blues news" it all makes so much sense now, i was blind but now i see!

and i'm not being facetious at all, i'm quite honest.

this is a place to bitch about when things go wrong.

could they have pre-loaded? yes.

was that bad? yes.

did they severely under-estimate their server capacities on launch day? yes.

is the one colossal fuck up now that everyone's playing on the european servers, and you can't move your regions across servers, so you start a 16-city region with your friends then you're going to be on a euro server for the next 2 months? yes.

is it a few suits making bad decisions and not listening to their technicians who i'm sure gave them pleanty of heads up that there would be issues? probably.

is it the end of the world? no. why? because i've been playing all night, day 1, couple crashes, no biggie, can't remember a day 1 launch of any game that didn't have a few hiccups, let alone one that was online-only.

if we're to set aside the needless bickering for a moment and actually think outside the box as to the REASON this happened, (evil isn't a reason) i'm thinking that:

A) all press is good press

B) a line-up infront of the club looks good to everyone standing in the street.even if there's no one in the club, from an outsider's perspective it looks like it's a rammed party.

it's fucked up, but ask anyone in the club scene, it's true. just a thought.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo