Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: More on Thief Mar 6, 2013, 00:25 Jerykk

It sounds like they're fundamentally changing the nature of the game, though. Whereas earlier Thief games were about infiltrating a place and remaining undetected, this new game is about being "forced" into "impossible situations" and then "escaping". Garrett is going from being the hunter to being the prey. That's a big change.

Not all the missions in the previous games revolved around thievery. There were a lot of missions where you just had to escape zombies/ghosts/monsters. Also, we don't know if the level shown to Game Informer did actually force players into impossible situations. Keep in mind that demos are used to show off various aspects of games, not just one. Until we're shown more of the game, it's premature to assume that every level will be completely linear and scripted and have forced confrontations.

Remember that Eidos had the possibility of "ghosting" in DXHR, but it wasn't actual ghosting (Dishonored got this wrong too). If they don't understand what ghosting actually is, I don't trust them to make a worthy Thief game.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying how devs misuse the term these days. However, you can actually ghost through both DX:HR and Dishonored (except the boss fights and a couple of side-missions where the objective explicitly requires neutralizing people). I know because I did. Unfortunately, you'll just receive the same achievements/rewards as you would if you just knocked everyone out. The difference between killing someone and knocking them out is purely superficial and I really wish devs would stop confusing "non-lethal" with "ghosting."

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2013, 00:32.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo