Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: More on Thief Mar 5, 2013, 23:14 Squirmer

It sounds like they're fundamentally changing the nature of the game, though. Whereas earlier Thief games were about infiltrating a place and remaining undetected, this new game is about being "forced" into "impossible situations" and then "escaping". Garrett is going from being the hunter to being the prey. That's a big change.

You might say combat is only an option, but we don't know that, and in any case it will affect the design of maps and game systems. If their goal is to force players into impossible situations, that will guide their level design, it will guide stealth possibilities, it will guide tool design, and so on. We don't know the end result, but their philosophy doesn't sound like a Thief game to me.

Remember that Eidos had the possibility of "ghosting" in DXHR, but it wasn't actual ghosting (Dishonored got this wrong too). If they don't understand what ghosting actually is, I don't trust them to make a worthy Thief game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo