Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

3. Re: More on Thief Mar 5, 2013, 22:59 Jerykk

Redmask wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 22:28:
I don't think this game can work in todays gaming industry, too many people expect straight line designs with 'moral quandaries' and forced combat sections. I would love to be more optimistic but does anyone really see them giving this wide open levels and a stealth first approach to the design?

Yes? Dishonored and DX:HR both featured open-ended levels and viable stealth playstyles. In fact, playing stealthy gave you more XP than combat did in DX:HR.

Make no mistake, I'm sure that they'll make combat more viable in this new Thief than it was in the previous games. That's a given. However, as long as the stealth gameplay is fleshed out and compelling, I'm fine with that.

It always makes me chuckle when people complain about combat being viable in a hybrid action/stealth game. Just because it's an option doesn't mean you have to do it. And yes, combat is always easier than stealth but again, if you enjoy stealth, then just avoid combat. Play the way you want to play. If you lack the discipline to avoid taking the path of least resistance, you only have yourself to blame.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo